Wednesday, August 27, 2008

CNE Food Stuff (Hotdog)

I can't remember what company it was that started the yellow booth in the food building selling cheap chicken dogs, but whoever it was seems to have long ago given up on it, and now the booth seems to be run independantly.

I have been going there for years for their cheap hot dogs, and (questionable) back bacon on a bun (I say questionable since there were a few times I would have called their back bacon more of a warm ham sandwich).

Over the years their prices have gone up, and they have in the last few years eliminated their small hot dogs and only sell the jumbo dog now.

This year the jumbo dog is priced at $1.25 and the bacon on a bun is $3.00
I could be wrong, but I think the dog was $1.00 last year.

Either way, the dogs have never been great, if anything they have been a vehicle for ketchup and mustard, and this has not changed, they are still rather bland, but the cheap price makes up for them.

The back bacon was not bad at all (they seem to be using real back bacon this year) my only complaint is the shoddy little hamburger bun they serve it on, if they used a kaiser or any kind of a real bun I think they would have line ups.

Anyways, back to the hot dogs, I have found a new place for them, actually several new places.

In the Food Building, and at 2 different trailers on the CNE grounds Maple Lodge Farms are selling some fantastic grilled chicken hot dogs for $2.00
They have a few other sandwiches and wraps available, but it's the hot dog that I like best.

My girlfriend wont eat beef (she thinks cows are too cute) so the fact that MLF sells a chicken weiner is even better.


Oh, and to make it even better for her, they will cover the dog in a really tasty chicken chili for an extra $1.00.

We will be back at the ex this weekend, and the MLF booth will be a for sure on out places to go list.

No comments: